Applying to the Visiting Fellows Program
The application deadline for the 2019-2020 academic year is February 1, 2019. Applications are only accepted through our online form.
The following information and materials are required for an application:
– A resume or curriculum vitae;
– A description of proposed work and career after the fellowship;
– A detailed description of the proposed area of research and writing while at the Human Rights Program. The proposal should define the aims of the study and its methods as clearly as possible;
– Communication of duration of residence at the Human Rights Program (Fall 2019, Spring 2020, or Academic year 2019-2020);
– A description of expected sources of funding, or desire to be considered as an Eleanor Roosevelt Fellow;
– Two letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant’s work. You may either submit this directly through the application portal, or your referees may submit these to Dana Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org;
– A sample of any writing on human rights (in English, Spanish, or French, if there is any such writing);
– Confirmation that the applicant has fluent command of oral English sufficient to participate actively from the time of arrival in individual and group discussion; any documentation available (TOEFL, transcript) as proof thereof. If you do not have documentation, a phone or video interview may be requested at a later date.
The application is now open. Please apply through our online form.