Applying for a Postgraduate Fellowship
The 2021-2022 postgraduate fellowship application is now open. Complete applications are due March 29, 2021. Prospective applicants must email Tyler Giannini ([email protected]) by March 1, 2021, to discuss their plans and have their host organization vetted.
Please note that the Henigson Fellowship will not be offered in 2021-2022. Apply to the Satter Fellowship via this link.
Learn more about what an application requires below.
A complete application will consist of the following:
- Curriculum vitae, including information about classes, work, and extracurricular activities in public interest and human rights inside and outside HLS;
- A personal statement (500 words maximum) about the applicant’s relevant experience, interest, and future aspirations with respect to public interest and human rights work. The statement should include a discussion of how the fellowship fits within the applicant’s career plans.
- A project description (see below for project requirements) including: a description of the sponsoring organization and of its work in the local and international context; a detailed discussion of the applicant’s project and its relation to the work of the organization; and an estimated project budget to demonstrate feasibility;
- A letter and supporting material from the sponsoring organization detailing: the organization’s mission; their particular interest in the work of the applicant; their plan for supervising and mentoring the applicant; their plan for security and risk management for the applicant; and their plan for ensuring that the applicant is able to secure the appropriate visa;
- Two or three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a HLS professor; letters of recommendations may be submitted separately from the rest of the application to [email protected]; and
- an HLS transcript.