Applying for a Postgraduate Fellowship
The 2020-2021 postgraduate fellowship application is now closed. Learn more about what an application requires below.
A complete application will consist of the following:
- Curriculum vitae, including information about classes, work, and extracurricular activities in public interest and human rights inside and outside HLS;
- A personal statement (500 words maximum) about the applicant’s relevant experience, interest, and future aspirations with respect to public interest and human rights work. The statement should include a discussion of how the fellowship fits within the applicant’s career plans. The statement should clearly indicate whether the applicant wants to be considered for the Satter Fellowship only, or for both the Satter and Henigson Fellowships;
- A project description (see below for project requirements) including: a description of the sponsoring organization and of its work in the local and international context; a detailed discussion of the applicant’s project and its relation to the work of the organization; and an estimated project budget to demonstrate feasibility;
- A letter and supporting material from the sponsoring organization detailing: the organization’s mission; their particular interest in the work of the applicant; their plan for supervising and mentoring the applicant; their plan for security and risk management for the applicant (only applicable for Satter applicants); and their plan for ensuring that the applicant is able to secure the appropriate visa;
- Two or three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a HLS professor; letters of recommendations may be submitted separately from the rest of the application to email@example.com; and
- an HLS transcript.